Thanks for giving me another reason to urge the Board to approve our chapter ASAP.
I wonder if this is just your opinion or if the other people attending the meeting also agree. Please clarify me this issue.
Of course I am not going to attend a meeting where I am not welcomed but I’ll present my formal complain to Wikimania organization. I think that Wikimania is an open event. If you want to hold private meetings you should organize them during coffee breaks or after hours not inside the scheduled Wikimania.
Best regards Gomà
- It's the opinion of the chapters generally - we discussed it on the chapters mailing list. You are welcome to complain, but this is after hours. The Wikimania organisers have provided some rooms during the evenings for the use of chapters. They are not intended to be open sessions like the rest of Wikimania. --Tango 14:38, 3 July 2010 (UTC)
- If you fear to make the meeting too large to be productive you can limit the number of attendees to the first x to join. Firing a single person doesn’t seem the best way to solve the problem. If you plan to hold a private meeting organized in a private mailing list perhaps you should consider the idea of withdrawing it from the public wikimania schedule to avoid other people like me the highly unpleasant situation of being fired from an event they were interested in. Otherwise at least state clearly the requirements to be able to attend.
- By the way, it seems to me that you are making a mistake by not holding openly this kind of open informal brainstorming discussions not addressed to reach any decision. I think that chapters is a mater that not only maters to chapters.
- This is nothing personal Thomas as you know we are used to this kind of troubles by not being a recognized chapter.
- We are highly interested in setting a European Union level cooperation entity (call it European chapters council or call it whatever you want) we have the same interests we have the same difficulties and there are several opportunities that only can be addressed at European level. I have proposed a meeting to discuss this please consider yourself invited to attend and extend the invitation to anybody else from Wikimedia UK.