Submissions/power to the writing process
This is an open submission for Wikimania 2010.
- Title of the submission
power to the writing process
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Author of the submission
Henning Klein, Matthias Wernicke, Frederic Matthe
- E-mail address or username (if username, please confirm email address in Special:Preferences)
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- 30-word contribution & benefits statement
Short overviews a.) of didactical approaches dealing with MediaWiki-based scientific writing using reference management and/or b.) of necessary technical solutions to support writing processes (reference management, card index, outlining). Following by discussions about didactical requirements on the use of Wikis in this way and/or possibilities of connecting additional tools/softwares to MediaWiki.
Who we are
- Proposed time frame (0,75 or 1,5 or 3 h)
The workshop will focus on facilitating the use of a mediawiki environment as an efficient tool for scientific writing. We will discuss the special problems that arise when a mediawiki is used in this capacity. Matters for special consideration are:
- wiki learning scenarios in higher education
- chances and problems of cooperation/collaboration processes in the context of wiki based scientific writing
- mediawiki as card index box (slip box, zettelkasten)
- integration of bibliographic tools
- chances and problems of wiki farms in educational context
- layout and printing resources
It is possible to focus this workshop more on aspects of knowledge/collaboration as well as on the technical aspects (infrastructure).
- Track (People and Community/Knowledge and Collaboration/Infrastructure)
Knowledge and Collaboration / Infrastructure
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).