Submissions/Wiki Platforms in High Assurance Environments: Beyond Intellipedia
This is an open submission for Wikimania 2010.
- Title of the submission
- Wiki Platforms in High Assurance Environments: Beyond Intellipedia
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Author of the submission
- Nathan Singleton, Peter Gehres, John Hale
- E-mail address or username (if username, please confirm email address in Special:Preferences)
- nathan-singletonutulsa.edu, peter-gehresutulsa.edu
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- University of Tulsa, Institute for Information Security
- Personal homepage or blog
- The University of Tulsa - Institute for Information Security
The adoption of wiki technology by the intelligence community has far reaching implications for its use in other high integrity and confidentiality domains. Military and corporate applications abound for wiki-style collaboration. The challenge is to tear down silos without eroding intrinsic security requirements under a common, usable infrastructure.
Issues that must be considered are: 1) How to connect a sound security policy model to wiki-style data models. 2) How to incorporate notions of integrity, attribution and differentiated trust in a relatively open environment. 3) Development of a suitable policy enforcement engine that is not overly restrictive on the usability and performance of the system.
This presentation will explore the potential of wiki-style collaboration in such high assurance, security-critical environments, and describe SecureWiki, one such effort to bridge the gap between open collaboration and mission critical security.
The presenters will cover the following topics:
- The role of wikis in secure but open collaboration (SBOC)
- Integrity versus confidentiality in SBOCs
- Competing security models and their incorporation into wiki engines
- Usability and the user experience of SBOC engines
- Data and knowledge fusion in SBOCs
- The SecureWiki project
- Track (People and Community/Knowledge and Collaboration/Infrastructure)
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Yes we are presenting research at WikiSym related to this topic
- Slides or further information (optional)
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).
- Philippe 03:59, 2 June 2010 (UTC)
- Add your username here.