Submissions/Why do Editors Leave Wikipedia? A Survey of Casual Contributors
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is an open submission for Wikimania 2010.
- Title of the submission
- Why do Editors Leave Wikipedia? A Survey of Casual Contributors
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Author of the submission
- Howie Fung and Wikimedia Foundation
- E-mail address or username (if username, please confirm email address in Special:Preferences)
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (please use no less than 300 words to describe your proposal)
- In January 2010, the WMF conducted a survey of former contributors to the English Wikipedia to better understand why contributors decide to leave Wikipedia. The survey was sent to 10,000 casual contributors and received over 1,200 responses. This presentation reviews the summary of the findings.
- Track (People and Community/Knowledge and Collaboration/Infrastructure)
- People and Community
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted? Yes
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).