Submissions/Social identity enactment and roles creation in Wikipedia community
This is an open submission for Wikimania 2010.
- Title of the submission
Social identity enactment and roles creation in Wikipedia community
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Author of the submission
- E-mail address or username (if username, please confirm email address in Special:Preferences)
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
This panel is meant to gather sociology/anthropology/organization studies scholars and students interested in the phenomenon of organizational/community identity enactment and creation among Wikipedia users. As such it is open to contributions on any topic related to the main theme.
- Track (People and Community/Knowledge and Collaboration/Infrastructure)
People and community
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
We'll see about that ;)
- Slides or further information (optional)
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).
- Pundit 10:55, 3 May 2010 (UTC)
- Herbowicz 10:55, 13 May 2010 (UTC)
- Jodi.a.schneider 18:46, 13 May 2010 (UTC) Nice paper on social roles in English Wikipedia: Howard T. Welser, Dan Cosley, Gueorgi Kossinets, Austin Lin, Fedor Dokshin, Geri Gay, and Marc Smith, “Finding social roles in Wikipedia (PDF),” Proceedings of the American Sociological Association 2008, Boston, MA, USA: 2008.
- CaptainSwing 23:47, 16 May 2010 (UTC)
- Polimerek 12:43, 17 May 2010 (UTC)
- Incnis Mrsi (probably, not certainly) 21:18, 20 May 2010 (UTC)
- Psychology 21:25, 20 May 2010 (UTC)
- Aegis Maelstrom 21:44, 20 May 2010 (UTC)
- --DR 11:35, 25 May 2010 (UTC)
- --Blacklake 17:54, 26 May 2010 (UTC)
- Kocio 11:46, 2 June 2010 (UTC)
- Julo 10:32, 9 June 2010 (UTC)
- --Phauly 09:58, 16 June 2010 (UTC)