Submissions/OTRS: Wikimedia's complaints department
This is an open submission for Wikimania 2010.
- Title of the submission
- OTRS: Wikimedia's customer service department
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Author of the submission
- Jim Redmond
- E-mail address or username (if username, please confirm email address in Special:Preferences)
- Country of origin
- United States
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (please use no less than 300 words to describe your proposal)
- A small global team of volunteers works off-wiki to handle most incoming e-mail for the Wikimedia Foundation:
- questions about Wikimedia Foundation projects
- grants of license for donated media
- reports of article errors
- issues with biographies of living persons
- issues with corporate or organizational profiles
- complaints of vandalism, misinformation, or bias
- inquiries about re-using text or media
- requests for editing help
- compliments and feedback
- general information requests
This presentation will help attendees understand the Wikimedia Foundation's e-mail response system; how it is currently used; and how it may be used in the future. New and potential OTRS volunteers are encouraged to attend.
- Track (People and Community/Knowledge and Collaboration/Infrastructure)
- People and Community
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).