Submissions/History in Wikipedia: towards processes explanations, rather than simple data
This is an open submission for Wikimania 2010.
- Title of the submission
- History in Wikipedia: towards processes explanations, rather than simple data
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Author of the submission
- Iván Martínez
- E-mail address or username (if username, please confirm email address in Special:Preferences)
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (please use no less than 300 words to describe your proposal)
The History science is not an antiquarian work, is factual, but it has actual methodologies and schools that have brought new approaches and conceptual frameworks, but is primarily a science of humanity in constant construction. In most cases, Neutral Point of View (NPV) protects neutrality and defends the diversity of opinion in seek a consensus among the community, but in the case of history, has been limited in its contents by the abundance of hard data, without detailing the many additional connections to other processes, acts and subjects.
Work for give Wikipedia a wider dimension in its articles on the history, supported in explaining historical process to readers in a clear way, does not compete with the characteristics provided by the five pillars, as they would include extensive explanations enrichment our site without becoming a primary source.
The specific proposal is the improvement of writing and research of key historical articles, focused in explanation of processes, rather than simple factual descriptions. This multifactor explanations necessarily affects the quality, improvement and growth in the number of articles on the same topic and related.
- Track (People and Community/Knowledge and Collaboration/Infrastructure)
- Knowledge and Collaboration
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
No, I can not afford the trip entirely.
- Slides or further information (optional)
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).