Submissions/First steps towards accessibility
This is an open submission for Wikimania 2010.
- Title of the submission
- First steps towards accessibility
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Presentation (could I change it for a worskhop with a lenght of 1.5 hours?)
- Author of the submission
- Rodan Bury
- E-mail address or username (if username, please confirm email address in Special:Preferences)
- bury.rodangmail.com, fr:user:Dodoïste
- Country of origin
- Switzerland (Geneva)
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- Wikimedia Germany supports this submission.
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (please use no less than 300 words to describe your proposal)
This presentation will be an overview of Wikipedia's accessibility. Although this conference will be rather tech-oriented, it won't contain technical words or code. It's for all audiences, useful for developers and for the average user as well.
7 months ago, an accessibility expert gave a conference about Wikipedia in Paris Web 2009. I will summarize and translate his conference for you.
Table of contents:
- What is accessibility, and why should we care?
- The approach to improve accessibility - between ATAG, WCAG 2.0 and community guidelines
- Example of issues from the Mediawiki core and extensions, and how to fix them
- How accessibility becomes common practice in a community
- How the Wikimedia Foundation should get involved
(more to come soon)
- Time slot
- 30 minutes (1.5 hours if it can be changed for a workshop)
- Track (People and Community/Knowledge and Collaboration/Infrastructure)
- Community, Collaboration & Infrastructure
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Yes, as I am interested to meet developers, members of the Board, and members of the Usability Initiative.
- Slides or further information (optional)
- This presentation complements the workshop Submissions/Accessibility Workshop.
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).
- Headbomb 05:14, 18 May 2010 (UTC)
- Catrope 15:54, 18 May 2010 (UTC)
- El Ágora 05:15, 19 May 2010 (UTC)
- Kocio 23:48, 3 June 2010 (UTC)
- ~ Seb35 [^_^] 08:36, 7 June 2010 (UTC)
- Lecartia 11:35, 17 June 2010 (UTC)
- Milda 15:46, 17 June 2010 (UTC)