Submissions/Diplopedia: The Evolution of a Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is an open submission for Wikimania 2010.
- Title of the submission
- Diplopedia: The Evolution of a Wiki
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Author of the submission
- Tiffany Smith Liccardi and Linda G. Green
- E-mail address or username (if username, please confirm email address in Special:Preferences)
- SmithTL7@state.gov & GreenLG@state.gov
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- United States Department of State
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (please use no less than 300 words to describe your proposal)
- Diplopedia, the United States Department of State's internal wiki of foreign affairs information, has evolved dramatically since its inception in 2006. The wiki has continued to grow exponentially as employees edit and expand the content to meet their information and operational needs. In addition, other collaborative technologies have been successful within the Department in recent years, and Diplopedia users have successfully integrated blog, ideation, and knowledge base platforms to provide unique groupings of content with the wiki as the central resource. The State Department has presented updates at Wikimania on Diplopedia in the past, and this presentation will seek to incorporate those experiences and show the growth and change in scope throughout the wiki's lifecycle, as well as plans for the future.
- Track (People and Community/Knowledge and Collaboration/Infrastructure)
- Knowledge and Collaboration
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted? Yes
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Slides likely - can provide prior to conference if needed.
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).