Submissions/Defining possible objectives on Spanish Wikinews
This is an open submission for Wikimania 2010.
- Title of the submission
- Defining possible objectives on Spanish Wikinews
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Author of the submission
- Iván Martínez
- E-mail address or username (if username, please confirm email address in Special:Preferences)
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (please use no less than 300 words to describe your proposal)
Spanish Wikinews (Wikinoticias), like other versions of Wikinews, have a current lack of staff and content. Its initial objectives of creating news of various topics, leads to a site with reduced interest reflected in his own visits and a significant lag on current trends and potential of collaborative or citizen journalism.
The potential, the geographic scope and thrust itself to be a Wikimedia Foundation project, can lead to a useful project to the public and its democratic principles. The practice of journalism requires -unlike Wikipedia- basic skills of drafting, neutrality, locating sources and division of labor, which can be a impediment to the increase of content and new collaborators.
The potential of Spanish Wikinews can be expanded, defining possible objectives to increase content and collaborators, through proposals such as:
- a) Performance of citizen journalism workshops in deriving results for Wikinews.
- b) Linking with school authorities and nongovernmental organizations interested in citizen journalism
- c) Definition of non official sources (politics, sports, culture, society)
- d) Promotion of editors with oversight and recommendation of new content.
- e) Finding a match model with traditional journalism and 2.0
- Track (People and Community/Knowledge and Collaboration/Infrastructure)
- People and Community
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- No, I can not afford the trip entirely.
- Slides or further information (optional)
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).