Submissions/Covering the Wikimania community
This is an open submission for Wikimania 2010.
- Title of the submission
- Documentary Screening: Truth in Numbers, Covering the Wikimania community
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Presentation, film, panel
- Author of the submission
- Andrew Lih and Nic Hill
- E-mail address or username (if username, please confirm email address in Special:Preferences)
- Country of origin
- United States
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- University of Southern California
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (please use no less than 300 words to describe your proposal)
We propose a screening of the just completed feature documentary, "Truth in Numbers: The Wikipedia Story"   by Nic Hill and hold a panel discussion afterwards about the experience of chasing and covering Wikipedians all over the globe. Andrew Lih, author of "The Wikipedia Revolution" will lead a panel with Nic discussing the experience of filming Wikipedians around the globe, and the challenge of covering the community of Wikipedia and Wikimedia contributors in the context of recent developments. A teaser trailer was shown at Wikimania 2008 to warm reception by the audience in Taiwan. It would be a great event to have all the attendees in a venue large enough for a screening all together.
- Track (People and Community/Knowledge and Collaboration/Infrastructure)
- People and community
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).