Note: I've decided not to attend Wikimania, unfortunately; so I'm withdrawing this proposal. Apologies to those who signed up to express interest. -Yaron
- Title of the submission
"Corporate MediaWiki: Opportunities and Challenges"
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Author of the submission
- E-mail address or username (if username, please confirm email address in Special:Preferences)
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
Over the last five years, MediaWiki seems to have become the dominant wiki application within corporations and other organizations. Interestingly, this has happened despite an almost complete lack of marketing or evangelism of MediaWiki. Instead, it's been due mostly to the positive example provided by Wikipedia, as well as the robustness and extensibility of the software. The use of MediaWiki as enterprise software poses a set of challenges in adapting the software for various uses, but it also presents opportunities for work such as training, consulting and custom development. This talk will present thoughts about the current use of MediaWiki within organizations, as well as thoughts about possibilities, both technical and other, for increasing and capitalizing on such usage.
- Track (People and Community/Knowledge and Collaboration/Infrastructure)
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).
- In2thats12 18:34, 4 May 2010 (UTC)
- Nevinho 05:24, 14 May 2010 (UTC)
- 80686 13:03, 15 May 2010 (UTC)
- Arjunaraoc 11:01, 17 May 2010 (UTC)
- guillom 21:19, 17 May 2010 (UTC)
- Jpatokal 01:11, 18 May 2010 (UTC)
- --Shijualex 09:30, 18 May 2010 (UTC)
- Add your username here.