Submissions/Adding books to Wikisource
This is an open submission for Wikimania 2010.
- Title of the submission
Adding books to Wikisource
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
Tutorial (or maybe a workshop)
- Author of the submission
- E-mail address or username (if username, please confirm email address in Special:Preferences)
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
Wikimedia Sverige, Project Runeberg
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (please use no less than 300 words to describe your proposal)
Step by step tutorial for how to add books to Wikisource, using the ProofreadPage extension. Participants should already be familiar with editing Wikipedia or other Mediawiki sites. Focus will be on the steps that directly involve Wikisource. The prerequisite scanning or photography and OCR will be mentioned briefly, but will not be described in detail.
- Track (People and Community/Knowledge and Collaboration/Infrastructure)
Knowledge and Collaboration
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
I would hope that the tutorial can be captured on video.
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).