Submissions/Wikiexpedition - an approach to mix outreach and data collecting social activites
This is an open submission for Wikimania 2010.
- Title of the submission
Wikiexpedtion - an approach to mix outreach and data colecting social activites
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Author of the submission
Przykuta/Polimerek/Yarl/Kocio (members of the Wikiexpedition team)
- E-mail address or username (if username, please confirm email address in Special:Preferences)
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (please use no less than 300 words to describe your proposal)
Wikiexpedtion is an expedition around one of the regions of Poland which is focused on gathering documentation concerning that region (especially photographic). Last year group of a dozen or so wikimedians took few thousands photos around Podlasie - 2500 of them have been already placed in Wikimedia Commons, which turned the region from poorest to the best covered in Wikimedia Commons and Wikipedia among others in Poland. Last year expedition had also strong media and outreach effect, as we contacted local activitist, individual photographers and local journalists along our path. This year we organized similar expedition around pomeranian voivodeship just before Wikimania in Gdańsk. The presentation will present last year and this year effects of Wikiexpedition. We want to share our experience with general wikimedia community in hope to spread our idea, and to discuss possible cooperation with organizing future, international Wikiexpeditions.
- Track (People and Community)
People and Community
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).
- guillom 21:36, 17 May 2010 (UTC)
- Ravidreams 07:12, 20 May 2010 (UTC)
- Eloquence 02:40, 21 May 2010 (UTC) (I saw a presentation of this at the Wikimedia Chapters meeting, and it's a wonderfully fascinating and even poetic story. I highly recommend inclusion in the Wikimania program.)
- Mayooranathan 21:51, 21 May 2010 (UTC)
- Castelobranco 23:19, 21 May 2010 (UTC)
- Bdamokos 15:29, 25 May 2010 (UTC)
- Amir E. Aharoni 06:37, 22 June 2010 (UTC)
- Waldir 09:03, 22 June 2010 (UTC)