Submissions/Let's Get Video on Wikipedia
This is an open submission for Wikimania 2010.
- Title of the submission
Let's Get Video on Wikipedia (merged into Joint Video Workshop)
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Author of the submission
Richard Knipel and Ben Moskowitz
- E-mail address or username (if username, please confirm email address in Special:Preferences)
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
Wikimedia NYC, Open Video Alliance
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (please use no less than 300 words to describe your proposal)
Open video on Wikipedia is great for Wikipedia and great for the web. In this presentation, we will introduce videoonwikipedia.org and the Lights Camera Wiki subject area projects as a means of encouraging broader public creation of video content for Wikipedia. These projects seek to enrich the Wikimedia Commons by working with institutional archives to free existing material, by energizing the open video and Wikimedia communities, and by structured engagement with students through the "wikimob" instructional model. We will present these approaches and the challenges they present, along with our vision for the video-rich free encyclopedia of the future.
- Track (People and Community/Knowledge and Collaboration/Infrastructure)
People and Community
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).
- guillom 21:27, 17 May 2010 (UTC)
- --Ravidreams 07:04, 20 May 2010 (UTC)
- --Bishdatta 07:38, 20 May 2010 (UTC)
- LA2 10:08, 20 May 2010 (UTC)
- Eloquence 02:37, 21 May 2010 (UTC)
- Multichill 12:43, 24 May 2010 (UTC)
- --Friedel Völker 15:26, 28 May 2010 (UTC)
- --MotherForker 23:42, 28 May 2010 (UTC)
- Mdale 16:26, 31 May 2010 (UTC)
- Kocio 12:08, 2 June 2010 (UTC)
- Natbrown 13:32, 29 June 2010 (UTC)